Thursday 16 February 2017

I will keep you safe because no one can snatch you out of My hand.

John 10:29
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all.
No one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
       

I love the picture that Jesus paints in this passage of Scripture. In order to better appreciate what Jesus is saying, let's read a broader view of this promise found in John 10:27-30... 

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” (WEB)
Jesus tells us in this Bible passage that those who come to Him will never perish because we are being held safely in the palm of His hand where no one can snatch us away. He then goes on to double our feeling of safety and security by telling us that we are also held in His Father's hand who is the greatest of all!

Every time I think about this Scripture passage, I envision myself being firmly held in the hand of Jesus and Jesus' hand being firmly held by the Father's. What a picture of unity in the Godhead and security for us.

No matter what comes your way, nothing can snatch you out of the loving, invincible hands of both Father and Son. May the thought of this security bring much peace to every troubled heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment