Sunday 5 April 2015

I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 
and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.
I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.

The New International Version Bible translates Isaiah 46:4 this way… Even     to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain   you.  I   have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I   will    rescue you. (NIV)

This is a Scripture that I often refer to    when I am speaking about the importance of embracing a   childlike  heart   even in our old age. In today’s passage of Scripture,  God is  speaking  to  Israel and He tells them that He is the One who made them,  He is the   One who will sustain them and He is the One who  will carry  them all  the  days of their lives… even when they get   old!

It  doesn’t  matter  if we are two years of age or 102, God  is still our  Father…  And  fathers look after their kids. No matter  what you are  facing in  life,  the Ancient of Days has promised to   carry you and He  will be  faithful to  rescue you in every situation   where you need to be  rescued.

You were never ever  created to carry the  weight of the  world on your  shoulders. God is  your burden bearer and He  wants you to  cast every care  upon Him  because He really does care for  you. (1 Peter  5:7) He promises  to  protect and carry you all the  days of your life!  As we reflect on  the finished work of Jesus, may we  realize the  purpose of His immense  sacrifice… so that we could really become  children of  God!

No comments:

Post a Comment